Plan 20|30 - Corporate
Plan 20|30 - our future is insight
Message from Laura
Who we are
BC Pension Corporation is one of the largest pension service providers in Canada. One in nine British Columbians is a member of a pension plan we serve.
Why we do it
How we do it
At our best, we are professional and forward-thinking with a strong sense of community inside and outside the organization.
What does being at our best look like every day? We take action and we’re courageous. We ask tough questions; we continuously learn and adapt to change. We build bridges within and outside the organization. We seek to understand, and by doing so, we create new possibilities. Above all, we deliver on promises; we are each 100 per cent accountable for playing our part.
Click on the values below to learn more:
Anticipate future needs and take the initiative to meet them
- We take action.
- We don’t wait to be told.
- We ask tough questions.
- Our actions are bold.
- Find the infomation to make the right decisions
- Ask questions and challenge assumptions
- Continuously learn from successes and mistakes
Seek to understand
Seek new experiences and perspectives
- We value the diversity that each person brings.
- We are curious about one another’s insights and experiences and the possibilities they bring.
- Listen more than you speak
- Seek to understand others’ perspectives
- Create a supportive environment where everyone can be themselves, take risks and speak freely
Work together towards a common vision
- We collaborate across the organization.
- We have a common purpose to create peace of mind.
- Put differences aside, get behind decisions and work together as a team towards a common vision
- Be generous with knowledge and resources
- Align our priorities across the organization and work together
Speak up and do the right thing
- We’re not afraid to take risks.
- We boldly speak up and are brave even when it’s difficult.
- Speak up and do the right thing
- Tell the truth, even when it’s hard
- Be adaptable and open to change
Deliver on promises
Do what you say you’re going to do
- We are disciplined in our approach.
- We are 100% accountable.
- We lead by example.
- Say what you’ll do and do what you say
- Lead by example and hold yourself accountable
- Be responsible for the work you do and mistakes you make
- No excuses
Our values in action
How we got here
Our Plan 20|30 is grounded in multi-industry research, stakeholder consultation, future forecasting, and a deep understanding of the pension world and how we fit in it. We see an environment that is increasingly complex, with evolving service expectations in an ever-changing digital landscape.
optimize quality, cost and service
bring new services to life
be thought leaders and support the plans to increase the number of members
Where we’re going
Plan 20|30 is grounded in three aspirations: operational excellence – optimize quality, cost and service in everything we do; service innovation – bring new services to life; and influence – be thought leaders and support the plans to increase the number of members.
Five objectives will bring these aspirations to life
Strengthen quality and efficiency in everything we do
We will digitize the information we receive and distribute, automate processes for more seamless work and greater efficiencies, and harness data to gain meaningful insights and drive better decision making.
- Digitize information
- Automate processes to be more reliable, flexible and efficient
- Reinvest efficiency gains to areas that need support
- Strengthen the protection of member information
- Success = an efficient, cost-effective, quality-driven organization with tight security on member data
Focus on our people and culture
We will have meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff make an impact, are accountable and grow.
- Design our workplace with the future in mind
- Increase learning and growth opportunities
- Strengthen accountability
- Create an inspiring corporate culture that attracts, engages and retains staff
- Success = a more accountable, empowered and engaged workforce with the skills and expertise that will lead us into the future
Elevate the member and employer experience
We will have excellence in digital and personal service to members and employers that evolves to meet their needs, and elevates pension literacy and members’ retirement readiness.
- Increase digital self-serve options
- Leverage insights to drive decision making
- Improve financial literacy
- Success = a trusted, agile organization that rapidly evolves with client expectations and helps improve members’ retirement readiness
Proactively support the evolving needs of the plans
We will provide trustees reliable and proactive service that is accurate, timely and insightful.
- Expand our plan advisory services
- Strengthen systems to respond quickly to plan board needs
- Become an active voice in the evolving Canadian retirement landscape
- Success = proactively identify and address plan needs, deliver quality insights, and be recognized as thought leaders on workplace pensions and retirement
Partner with plans to increase their membership
We will expand our role as a strategic partner to the plans’ boards of trustees to increase plan membership.
- Support the plans in building their membership
- Promote the advantages of pension plans
- Success = more plan members, which further strengthens the plans’ sustainability
Wave 1 will focus on operational excellence to strengthen quality and efficiency in everything we do, and on our people and culture to ensure we have the workforce to lead us into the future.
Emphasis on objectives 1 and 2
Wave 2 will focus on service innovation to enhance the member and employer experience, and introduce new services. People and culture will continue to be a focus.
Emphasis on objectives 2 and 3
Wave 3 will focus on our broader influence. We will enhance our thought leadership capacity and partner with the plans to increase membership. People and culture will remain a focus.
Emphasis on objectives 4 and 5
Our future state
In 2030, we will be an insights-driven organization. Our staff will be inspired by the culture and enabled to work at their best every day. We will be a recognized expert and influential voice in the pension landscape while serving more members. Our outcomes will show higher quality, more efficiency, better value and service, and increased satisfaction from all stakeholders.